This is the October 2021 issue of Salon Futura. Here are the contents.
- Cover: The Green Man’s Challenge: This issue's cover is by Ben Baldwin
- Light From Uncommon Stars: This SF&F debut by Ryka Aoki is one of Cheryl's favourite books of the year
- The Ministry for the Future: A review of Kim Stanley Robinson's novel about resisting climate change, with bonus interview
- The Past is Red: A review of Catherynne M Valente's novella, The Past is Red
- A Spindle Splintered: Alix E Harrow's new novella is an imaginative take on the Sleeping Beauty story
- A Fledgling Abiba: A novella about an African witch with a strange method flying
- Octocon 2021: Ireland's national convention was virtual again this year. Cheryl was "there".
- Marvel: What If?: A review of the recent animated series set in the Marvel Cinematic Multiverse
- BristolCon 2021: Cheryl reports back from her local convention in Bristol
- Editorial – October 2021: A happy Halloween from Cheryl