Category Archives: Con Running
Articles about convention running.
- Visiting Spaceport Glasgow: Cheryl was in Glasgow, and took the opportunity to visit next year's Worldcon site
- Chengdu Moves Dates: Is there more Worldcon drama? Of course there is.
- Dear Letter Writers…: Another year, more Worldcon Drama
- Worldcon 79 – DisCon3: This year's Worlcon has some spectacular highs, and some terrible lows.
- The BristolCon Art Show: Art shows are hard to do virtually. Has BristolCon found a solution?
- LosCon 47 in VR: Can you hold a virtual convention in Virtual Reality? Cheryl investigates.
- Worldcon Drama Again: What? It's only a couple of months since the last Worldcon fiasco. Of course we were due another one.
- A Winter Worldcon: This year's Worldcon will be held in December rather than August. What does this mean, especially for those of us who can't attend? Also, Site Selection Controversy!
- Is WSFS Fit for Purpose?: Another year, more Worldcon drama. How much more can the convention take?
- FIYAHcon Revisited: Cheryl takes a second look at FIYAHCON now that they have published details of how the online convention was run
- Pre-Worldcon Report: Most people seem to agree that Worldcon is broken, but how can we fix it? Cheryl has some thoughts.
- Conventions Go Virtual: What does the sudden need to hold major events online mean for Worldcon? Cheryl has opinions.
- What Can WSFS Do?: What exactly is the World Science Fiction Society, and why does it so often fail to respond to fannish controversies?
- Feeling Badgered?: Kevin Standlee goes deep in the question of what makes a good convention badge.