This is Issue #40 of Salon Futura. Here are the contents:
- Cover: Astronaut City: This issue’s cover is again from Pixabay. The name of the artist is not given. The full version of the art is below.
- Kingfisher: Patricia McKillip may have left us, but she has also left many fabulous books, including this one.
- Aspects: John M Ford's final, unfinished, novel has been released at last. Was it worth the wait?
- Plutoshine: Another fine debut from a female author, and this time it is hard SF
- Dreams Bigger Than Heartbreak: Cheryl reads the latest book in Charlie Jane Anders' Unstoppable series.
- Kundo Wakes Up: Huzzah! A new installment in Saad Z Hossain's series set in a djinn-infested, near-future cyberpunk South Asia
- Åcon XI: Nordic fandom returns to the beautiful Åland islands, and Cheryl went too
- Star Trek: Prodigy: Not content with Lower Decks, Paramount has given us a new animated Star Trek series, this one featuring a group of alien teenagers
- Picard – Season 2: Jean Luc and his crew deliver more quality fan service
- Editorial – May 2022: Live from Helsinki!