This is the December 2019 issue of Salon Futura. Here are the contents.
- Cover: Cloud Island Castle: This issue's cover art is by Ponte Ryuurui.
- Dead Astronauts: A review of Jeff VanderMeer's book, Dead Astronauts.
- The Starless Sea: A review of Erin Morgenstern's novel, The Starless Sea.
- The Dragon Waiting: A review of The Dragon Waiting by John M Ford, which won the World Fantasy Award for Best Novel in 1984.
- Storm of Locusts: A review of Storm of Locusts, the latest book in the Sixth World series from Rebecca Roanhorse
- The Sinister Mystery of the Mesmerizing Girl: A review of The Sinister Mystery of the Mesmerizing Girl, an Athena Club novel by Theodora Goss
- Incarnations of Cats: First it was a hugely successful stage show, then a widely reviled movie. What went wrong for Cats?
- Interview – Kate Macdonald: An interview with Kate Macdonald of Handheld Press.
- Alice Payne Rides: A review of Kate Heartfield's novella, Alice Payne Rides.
- Remnant: A review of Remnant, by Lania Knight, which is a work of post-apocalyptic feminist science fiction.
- The Taiga Syndrome: A review of The Taiga Syndrome by Cristina Rivera Garza, translated from Spanish by Suzanne Jill Levine and Aviva Kana; winner of the 2019 Shirley Jackson Award for Best Novella.
- His Dark Materials – Season 1: A look at the first season of the BBC's adaptation of the well-loved Philip Pullman fantasy books.
- Editorial – December 2019: Cheryl survives the holidays and looks forward to 2020.