This is the January 2022 issue of Salon Futura. Here are the contents.
- Cover: Astronaut Moon: This issue's cover is Astronaut Moon by pizar_kestrap
- She Who Became the Sun: A book based on real history with strong gender themes? What's not to like?
- Cyber Mage: Uh oh, those crazy Djinn are up to no good again. But do they understand the internet?
- The Faerie Queene: It is over 400 years old, but does Spenser's epic poem have anything to say to modern fantasy?
- Elder Race: Adrian Tchaikovsky channels Gene Wolfe in this clever novella
- Servant Mage: In which Kate Elliott takes aim at some of the tropes of epic fantasy
- Eternals: Is Marvel's latest super team as dull as everyone is making out?
- The Witcher – Season 1: Cheryl finally gets to toss a coin to the Netflix serial that everyone is talking about
- Editorial – January 2022: A new year, or just 2020 on repeat?